Trends in K-pop are fickle, season-bound birds, but a few stay around for surprisingly long periods. Bags are the highlight of every outfit and a girl’s most important accessory. So after watching an endless stream of New York Spring 2015 RTW runway shows, here are the bag trends from 2014 that will be extended into 2015. So that you can follow the trends, below we have some affordable bags that are bound to be a hit this upcoming season. Happy shopping!
Hanging Motif Bags
Hanging motifs became a hot issue in 2014. Designer bags suddenly acquired bright tassels, chains, bejeweled accessories, charms, etc. Giving your bag an extra personal touch became stylish. Many brands continued this trend in their new 2015 bags. Fendi added feathers and smaller couple purses (see above), Trussardi added traditional hanging keys, Marc Jacobs added large body tags, and Anya Hindmarch clipped on chunky tassels. Below we have some bags with adorable accessories.
1. Tote With Horse Tag
2. Faux Leather Shoulder Bag ($46.00)
3. Blue Leather Shopper with Metal Lock ($182.00)
4. Saddle Tote With Gold Tone Medallion
5. Backpack With Post Card Patches
Cartoonish bags are very big this year. The most popular purse used by female idols is the Moschino “McDonald’s” macaroni chain bag pictured above, which has been worn by 2NE1‘s CL, miss A‘s Jia, and Son Dam Bi. Odd and comical bags in various colors and shapes graced the Spring 2015 runways. Céline had round-shaped bags with bells, Fendi had backpacks with mohawks and eyes, Kate Spade had an adorable snail clutch, and Moschino had handbags shaped like candy-colored cameras and hearts (see above). Below we have some goofy and fun bags to create a quirky vibe for your look.
1. Cute Style Watermelon Shape Shoulder Bag ($94.00)
2. Street Fashion Clock Shape Tote ($94.00)
3. PU Hedgehog Shaped Backpack Bag ($58.00)
4. PU Leather Lip Shoulder Bag ($33.00)
5. Eyes on the Fries Pouch ($44.99)
6. Japanese Style Eyes Wallet ($34.00)
7. Lots of Purr-sonality Bag ($49.99)
Metallic Studded Bags
The EXO members are the poster boys of metallic studded backpacks. This is largely do to their collaboration projects with the MCM brand, and their multiple photoshoots and videos promoting the jagged, leopard-print accessories. Rebecca Minkoff, another K-pop favorite worn by practically ever Girls’ Generation member, has taken the studded trend a more feminine route in her Spring 2015 RTW collection (see above). Below we have some affordable bags that continue the sparkly and slightly dangerous trend.
1. Colorblocking Backpack
2. Trapeze Tote With Metal Stud Panel
3. Metal Studded Mini Shoulder Bag
4.Tote With Metal Studded Panel
5. Blue PU Square Bag with Flannel Panel and Rivets Detail ($45.00)
(Sources: Brunomagli, PopSugar, StyleMoi, Chic Nova, Jia Instagram, Moschino, Modcloth, & 1st Look)